I am comprehensively trained as a therapeutic yoga instructor, specifically for chronic health conditions. My unique approach bridges the gap between yoga, fitness, pain management, and healing. The application of multiple holistic modalities helps to facilitate true healing of body, mind, and spirit.
What IS yoga therapy?
“Yoga therapy is the appropriate application of yoga teachings and practices in a therapeutic context in order to …engage the client/student’s energy in the direction of desired goals. The goals of yoga therapy include eliminating, reducing, or managing symptoms that cause suffering; improving function; helping to prevent the occurrence or reoccurrence of underlying causes of illness; and moving toward improved health and wellbeing. Yoga therapy also helps clients/students change their relationship to and
identification with their condition…The efficacy of yoga therapy is supported
by an increasing body of research evidence, which contributes to the growing
understanding and acceptance of its value as a therapeutic discipline.” (International
Association of Yoga Therapy, 2012)
Just a FEW benefits of Yoga:
* Supports resiliency by developing mental and physical strength
* Facilitates self-regulation; healthier stress coping mechanisms
* Balances the nervous system; with proper breathing techniques
* Prevents and manages chronic disease by supporting the the immune system and stress response
* Facilitates healthier brain function
* Develops inner peace through growing self awareness
*Cultivates healing on every level of being; mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual.
Wherever you are, that's where we start. You don't need to be religious, physically flexible, or experienced. You can be a beginner. I love beginners! You can also have a long-time practice and be ready to deepen what it has to offer you. Let's dive in.